“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
— J.R.R. Tolkien
Based on the amount that I value food, I must be one of the richest people alive. Too bad I’m not a fantastic chef, but the recipes below keep me pretty happy!
I’m also an instant gratification kind of person. Do I really have to wait an hour to cook something that I’ll consume in 10 minutes or less?
I like to keep it healthy, easy and yummy. Don’t scrunch your nose until you try it! I’ve been sticking to the Vegegludarian lifestyle as much as possible…with a little splurge here and there.
No Meat | No Gluten | Easy | Recipes
PROTEIN PACKED MEAL: Microwave or steam red kidney beans, garbonzo beans, and peas | season with salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash table blend | Top with avocado. Perfect for an on the go lunch or quick dinner.
VEGGIE BEAN NOODLE SOUP:
- Start by chopping your favorite vegetables. Drop them in the bottom of the pan with some olive oil and cook for around 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add your choice of beans. My favorite are white northern beans, chick peas and red kidney beans. Use at least three cans of beans.
- Add around one cup of water to the mix
- Season with garlic salt, pepper, ground cumin and table salt. Season to taste. Get creative. Note: I like to google or pinterest different soup ideas and use their seasoning suggestions in soups like the one I made here. It helps mix up the taste with my favorite ingredients!
- Let simmer for 8-10 mins.
- On the side, cook your favorite noodles. (I chose gluten free). After draining them, toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When both the noodles and soup are ready, add the noodles to the soup and serve!
DESSERT: Need a quick treat, but no caffeine? I got this raspberry soy steamer at a local coffee shop and it was a delicious sweet treat. A steamer is like a latte without espresso. It is steamed milk (soy milk in this case) with raspberry flavoring.
Love Lemon: I really just couldn’t resist putting this in here—it is so fitting for the LoveLemon blog!
Have healthyDeliciousEasyYummy recipes? Connect with me on pinterest or comment and let me know!